Good news for everyone owning the Panasonic MX7. There’s a recent post coming from xda-developer forum giving hints on how to Update and install Android 7.0 Nougat using custom ROM on Panasonic MX7.
The Android 7.0 Nougat comes with various advantages and features, but the obvious one is the performance improvement. The new OS offer up to 4 times of performance improvements, along with faster and more powerful computing. Google also claimed that the Android 7.0 Nougat can extend your device’s battery life by up to 90 minutes. It’s a must-have upgrade for every Panasonic MX7 owners!
Google's newest OS, the Android 7.0 Nougat, comes in with many improvements and notable features such as:
- Doze Mode 2.0
- Android Nougat VR (Virtual Reality)
- Multi-window support
- Direct Reply Notifications
- 3D Touch support
- New quick settings menu
- Android Nougat multi-tasking
- Unicode 9 support
- Comes with the Android Pay feature, which is a mobile payment platform.
- A more efficient management of RAM.
- Support for fingerprint identification.
- Overall smoother, more powerful and faster computing experience.
- An overhauled Android extension pack and OpenGL 3.1 support puts Android devices alongside cutting edge graphics rendering, making it a serious contender with console and desktop-type performance.
- A smarter notification bar that provides an intelligent ranking based on the medium of communication and who it's from. You can easily see all notifications packed neatly in one area when you tap at the top of the screen.
- Updated protection against device vulnerabilities and malware with the new SELinux enforcing software.
- And many, many other little but equally awesome features!
Here is what you need to know and some aspects to brush up on before trying the new custom ROM:
- Backup your personal data and other files on your device before proceeding.
- Your Panasonic MX7 should have at the least, 80% battery power. If not, be patient and plug it in to ensure a successful operation.
- If your Panasonic MX7 ever gets stuck on booting while installing the new custom ROM, you may do a wipe dalvik and a wipe cache partition before you reboot your device.
- Your Panasonic MX7 needs to enable USB Debugging in order to proceed. If you don't know how to enable the USB Debugging mode, then simply follow these steps:
- Open your Panasonic MX7 menu, or just swipe your finger down while on the home screen and locate the "Settings" option. This icon is shaped like a gear on a machinery. Tap on it to proceed.
- As soon as you tap the Settings, you will be taken to another screen. Scroll down or check the bottom icon that says "About Device". This icon is shaped as a circle and has an "i" in the middle. Tap it, and you will be taken to yet another screen.
- On the About Device page you can see useful information about your Panasonic MX7 , such as Model Number, the Android Version, Kernel Version, etc. When you see "Build Number", tap on it for about 10 times to enable "Developer Options". It can be located if you go back to the Settings page.
- Tap on the new Developer Options icon and you will be shown another screen. Right down the near bottom you can see "USB Debugging", and a checkbox right just beside it. Tap on the box to enable it. You can tap on it a second time to disable it.
Are you ready to put Android 7.0 Nougat operating system on your device? Lets go to the tutorial then!
Tutorial How to Upgrade / Update Android 7.0 Nougat on Panasonic MX7
- First things you will need the actual Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for the Panasonic MX7 device. Don't bother to Google or search for this, because I have uploaded it for you. Because the ROM size is large, I have split the ROM into 3 parts, which you can easily download below:
- Download ROM Part 1 : ROM Part 1 or via Mirror
- Download ROM Part 2 : ROM Part 2 or via Mirror
- Download ROM Part 3 : ROM Part 3 or via Mirror
- Get the ROM Manager for your Panasonic MX7 . Simply turn on your Wi-Fi or enable your data, then open up Google Play Store to get it from there. Type in "ROM Manager", then tap on the install button. After that you will need to install Clockwork Mod Recovery. As a side option, you may use the ROM Installer app, which you can get from JRummy Inc, also found on the Google Play Store.
- Connect your Panasonic MX7 to your PC employing the USB information cable. Copy the “ROM.zip” file you downloaded to the SD memory card.
- Open up the ROM Manager and command the app to restart your device and boot up to recovery mode. When you get to Recovery Mode, select ROM Manager and choose to backup or restore all your information.
- While still on Recovery Mode, command a complete data erase (this includes the Delvik Cache), then head on to Recovery Principal Menu. There will be an option to "Flash Rom from SD Card". Point out where you put the ROM.zip file by navigating through your SD card, then follow the steps to install the Android 7.0 Nougat for your Panasonic MX7 . The process is automatic, and once it is done, simply reboot your device. Congratulations! Your Panasonic MX7 now has the newest Android 7.0 Nougat OS!